Trip to Saaremaa Island
Have not visited the islands yet? Mareti invites you to visit the biggest island of Estonia – Saaremaa together with Muhu island, interesting sightseeing places on the way to the island and on the island in three days! Mareti experienced guides will tell you all about island lifestyle and traditions. There is a lot to discover. Join this relaxing weekend – believe us, it is the easiest way to discover these two islands – Saaremaa and Muhu!
This trip starts by bus from Tallinn and takes us to Virtsu from where we have a short ferry ride to Muhu island. We discover the island before we arrive to Saaremaa. In Saaremaa, we will visit many different places (meteorite crater, windmills, churches, cliffs, nature, seaside) plus the capital of the island Kuressaare (and its castle and old town area). We stay two nights in a 3* SPA hotel and have visits to exciting cultural places.
Dates for Spring 2022
Trip #1: 08 – 10 April 2022
- The trip departs at 9am on Friday and arrives back at 7pm on Sunday.
- The trips are open to everybody, so bring your friends and family with you! Places for the trips are limited.
- Price for the trip is 225€ with ESN card.
- We travel in safe and private group and we stay in a SPA hotel with free entrance to the SPA both evenings!
- Please take a moment to read from the programme (below) or talk to students who have been to Mareti trips before how much is included in the price. And get your ESNcard for discount!
Programme of the trip
Day 1, Friday
Early morning (9am), we welcome you with home-made muffins and we say goodbye to Tallinn. We drive to Virtsu and we take the ferry from here to the third biggest island of Estonia – Muhu. On the short ferry ride (around 30 minutes) you can enjoy the view and start to feel the island atmosphere. On Muhu island we drive trough the central village Liiva and go to visit the open air museum of Muhu. We’ll have picnic with hot soup, tea and some traditional cookies from Estonia here and we continue to discover the area. In the afternoon we arrive to Kuressaare, we check in to our SPA hotel and after some moments, we go to discover the capital of Saaremaa – its fortress area and the old town. We will advise you where to find restaurant or grocery store for dinner and how to spend your free evening here. It will be also a great time to go and enjoy the SPA in our hotel!
Day 2, Saturday
After breakfast in our hotel, we start to discover Saaremaa and its most important places: Kaali meteorite crater, Karja church, Angla windmills with inside visit to the old windmills, we go to Panga cliff and walk in the nature. We have lunch in open air and after this, we’ll drive to the other side of Saaremaa , to discover the most important lighthouse in Saaremaa – Sõrve lighthouse. By the evening we are back in Kuressaare and this is your last evening to enjoy free time in this small town.
Day 3, Sunday
On the last day, after the breakfast, we go for a nature hike in Saaremaa. After a few kilometer hike, we’ll head to Pöide church and ruins of Maasi castle, discover the area and enjoy some lunch before we head back towards Muhu island trough Orissaare town. We’ll have a short stop in the center of Liiva village to buy some legendary Muhu bread. In the afternoon we take the ferry back on the mainland from where we start to drive back towards Tallinn. Arrival back home is in the evening.
What do I get for the price
- Comfortable bus transportation from and to Tallinn.
- Accommodation 2 nights in a 3*SPA! hotel (rooms for 2 people) and free access to SPA!
- Food for 3 days (breakfasts 2x, lunches 3x, Estonian food & drinks tasting during the trip).
- Visits to Muhu open air museum (inside visit with a ticket and local guide), Angla windmills (inside visit with a ticket), Sõrve Lighthouse (inside visit with a ticket), Kuressaare castle, City walk in Kuressaare with local guide, hike in the nature with local guide, Kaali meteorite crater visit with local guide.
- Three days with local guide in Saaremaa.
- Help from Mareti group leader at all times (of course) + gifts.
Dinners are not included in the trip price.